I couldn’t help but notice the other day all the new construction I have seen near our office in “downtown” Kailua-Kona. This is a good sign for the future of our our town, especially those who are doing the building and those who will be working. Here are a few within a few minutes of our office:
1. Lex Brodie’s will be moving into the old Chevrolet building on the corner of Kaiwi St. and Kuakini Hwy. This has been empty a few years now.
2. American Saving Bank has put up an impressive-looking bank on the corner of Kuakini Hwy & Palani. Kudos for the tasteful design.
3. Hawaii Radiologic Associates will have is building a large office close behind the Harley dealer on Kuakini Hwy. They will move from their location on Sunset Circle when completed.
4. A Holiday Inn is being constructed across from the McDonald’s on Kuakini Hwy. It will be a smaller Holiday Inn and focus on business travelers. We can see the ongoing construction from our office.
5. Another large building is going up on the University of Nations campus up the street–again on Kuakini Hwy. This large pavilion will house media production facilities and serve as a large meeting space.
All of these project will be done in the coming months, some next year.
If you’re looking for signs of life in the Kona business community, look no further than these five diverse businesses that have decided to make “downtown” Kailua-Kona their home. Welcome to the neighborhood!
If you are starting a business in Kona, give us a call at 329-6077. We have worked with a large number of small, medium and large businesses in Kona. We can help you, too!