We had a new client come in the other day and asked us about the turnaround time on our banners. We answered that it takes one or two days to have them in hand after design approval. She then told us that she went to one place in Hilo, where she lives, and two places in Kailua-Kona and they all had one-week turnaround. She needed the banner in two days.
Here’s why the turnaround time is different between Kona Impact and other providers.
At Kona Impact, we do a few things that allow us one-day turnaround on many sign projects:trailer movie Race 2016
- We make all of our banners here, with our in-house printers.
- We carry a huge amount of inventory, which means we seldom have to wait for supplies.
- We do all the maintenance on our machines, so we seldom have down time.
- We have staggered shifts, which means someone is usually here around 7 am (though we’re not officially open) and, if needed, we have people who will stay late into the evening to get the project done. We can print 12 hours a day (or more)!
- We also have a graphic designer on staff, so you can work interactively and quickly to get your design done.
The places you see with one-week turnaround are most likely brokering your banner, which means they send the project off-island, wait for it to return, and charge you a markup on their cost. There are three downsides to this: 1) most of the money you spend leaves the island and does not support the local economy, 2) you have to wait at least a week, and 3) if there are quality issues, you have to wait another week to get a new banner, or you just take what you can get.
In the past month we have printed over 600 sq ft of banners, 450 sq ft of foam core and over 75 sq ft of signage—all with a turnaround time of a few days, and in the case of a company that needed 72 sq ft of labels, contour cut, we completed the job in six hours, saving the business hundreds of dollars in rush fees, shipping costs, and travel.
Kona Impact provides banners, foam core, building signs, vehicle graphics, cut vinyl, store graphics (and more) to Kailua-Kona, Waikoloa, Waimea, Keauhou and other communities on Hawaii Island. Give us a call at 808-329-6077 for you wide format and sign printing needs!